Impact Day is not just an event, it’s an opportunity to immerse yourself in a world of knowledge, inspiration, and collaboration. To get the most out of the festival, it’s essential to be proactive and strategic in your approach. In this article, we’ll explore how you can make the most of your time at Impact Day and leverage the experience for personal and professional growth.
Plan your schedule wisely
Impact Day offers a diverse range of sessions, workshops, and activities. Before the festival begins, carefully analyze the agenda and select the sessions that align with your interests and goals. Prioritize those that feature speakers or topics you’re particularly passionate about. Having a well-thought-out schedule will help you make the most of your time. In order to do that, just follow those five steps:
- In Brella, go under Schedule and choose Filters
- Then under tags, you can choose the topics you would like to learn about and ways you would like to learn about them. If some words/tags resonate, choose those.
- In order to make it easier for yourself, go one tag at a time, because then there will be fewer sessions to choose from.
- If the session’s title clicks with you, add it to your program. If you are somewhere between, read the description. Yet, if the title does not click at all, just move on. There is plenty more to choose from.
- Make yourself a program you would like to follow. Doing this helps you to ease up your festival as there are around 90 different sessions. Thinking in front helps you to maximize your experience.
PS! In order to maximize your well-being and learning ability the most, combine different session formats to follow and take breaks. It might feel controversial, yet resting helps you gain more. Sessions are available in Brella up to 90 days after the festival too, so you’ll have plenty of time afterward to watch everything you wish.
Engage with speakers and attendees
One of the unique aspects of Impact Day is the accessibility of speakers and fellow attendees. Don’t hesitate to approach speakers after their sessions to ask questions or share your thoughts. Engage in conversations with other participants during breaks and in the networking area. Building connections can lead to valuable insights and collaborations. With networking, you can follow a similar process to putting together your own personalized program:
- Go under the Networking tab and choose again Filters.
- Choose what are the topics you would like to talk about the most and find relevant people. Brella’s AI is suggesting many people as well, so this will make your life easier, too.
- Again, just check his/hers organization and intro. If that already seems interesting to you, suggest a meeting. If you are somewhere between, open up the profile or Google the person for some more info.
- Send people meeting invitations and meet up with them at an agreed time.
PS! Take notes and schedule a follow-up time for the next meeting with the person. If there is a dedicated time in your calendar, then it is way easier to get things done than the other way around.
Other tips & tricks
Program and networking are the two big categories to prepare for when attending the festival. Yet, there are many more small things to do, in order to get the most out of the festival. For example:
- Take notes and reflect: During each session, take detailed notes. Capture key insights, quotes, and actionable ideas. After each session, take a few minutes to reflect on what you’ve learned and how you can apply it in your own personal and/or professional life. These reflections will help solidify your understanding and guide your actions.
- Ask questions from performers: Keynotes and panels often feature experts from various fields discussing pressing issues. These sessions offer a holistic view of complex topics and provide a platform for diverse perspectives. Asking questions from them helps you to understand exactly what you don’t know yet and potentially build a relationship for the future as well. Well-asked questions can be a great way to start a professional relationship.
- Share your experience on social media: Social media is a powerful tool for amplifying your Impact Day experience. Share your insights, photos, and memorable moments on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram. Use event-specific hashtags (#impactday, #actforimpact) to connect with a broader audience and engage in discussions online.
- Explore the EXPO area: Impact Day has an exhibition area where organizations, startups, and innovators showcase their work. Take time to explore these exhibits, as you may discover groundbreaking solutions or initiatives aligned with your interests.
- Embrace situations: start talking with a stranger in a food or a coffee line. You never know who he/she is and what cool and world-changing is he/she doing.
- Reflect and apply what you’ve learned: Finally, don’t let the knowledge and inspiration you’ve gained at Impact Day fade away. After the festival, set aside time to reflect on your experiences and how they have impacted you. Create a plan to apply what you’ve learned in your personal or professional life, whether it’s initiating a social impact project, implementing sustainable practices, or advocating for change in your community.
To sum it up, Impact Day is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a world of ideas, innovation, and positive change. By planning your schedule wisely, and engaging with speakers and attendees, you can maximize your Impact Day experience and leave with a renewed sense of purpose and inspiration. Remember, the impact of the festival doesn’t end when it concludes – it’s the beginning of your journey to create positive change.